Ever wondered why your car smells bad sometimes? Ever wondered where have the new car smell gone? Ever wondered how to keep that new car smell? Fret no more. Mak incek is here to give you tips on how to get rid of the bad smell in your car and keep the car smell like new.
Let’s start with the bad smell. No, no, don't kick your smelly friends out!
*Background music : "Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding uuuu?" smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your faultt"*
1. You may need a good working nose to start with. It doesn’t have to be big, or pointed, or a cute tinny winny button nose, or unusually sensitive nose that can distinguish or describe a smell like “an infant breath mixed with the mother’s hair spray”. A good breathing, unclogged nose will do just fine.
2. Smell the problem. Search your car, remove the floor mats or the carpet, shake off the debris, and smelllll it. Check the seat, the bottom, the back, beneath, above, and again, smellll it. Start with the driver’s area, then the front passenger’s, then the back. Without missing an inch.
3. Still can’t found the source of the smell? Let’s have a walk outside to the back of your car, open the boot, remove all the shitloads of stuff you keep in the trunk, again, don’t forget to smelllll it. Remove the spare tyre as well. Don’t forget to singsing-singsing lengan and all, look inside the spare tyre compartment. Can you see it? You can smell it, but you still can’t see it! Move your attention to the jack. Look beneath it. Yes, now, you can see shreds of paper, plastics, and a little shit. Hehe..
4. Look closer, and you will see the body. Yes. A small , tiny body of a mouse!! Demmit! How on earth did this creature came in and start a little happy family?? In my trunk!!
5. Err..looks like this is not a tip for you guys lah..hehehe..It’s actually my adventure of getting rid of that bangkai smell from my Kelisa. It turns out to be a dead pup or a baby mouse. Apparently, I did leave my car outside under the hot burning sun, for a day. And I remembered it was really hot outside. Maybe, being a baby, it can’t escape and died. I bet the mother just leave it behind. Since then, I started to smell that bangkai-like smell.
It’s not like I’ve not been cleaning the car in a decade!, but I guess it’s due to the fact that my kids love to snack in the car and leave the crumbs everywhere, attracting the little creatures of the night to have a small feast of their own, and in my case, even start a family!
Well, I guess the next thing to do, after getting rid of the bad smell, and to keep the car smell like new, is to get rid of the whole package, and buy a new car instead. Hahaha..
Anyone fancy a second hand car?? Lady driver tauuu…Suitable for “all” families!